Meet Kaysax- the man with Saxophone

Here is an interview conducted with our upcoming artiste of the week. He  is a Saxophonist


Afrikalogy: It is a pleasure to meet you. Can you please introduce yourself?
Kaysax:  Yes, I am Awe olukayode Adewale. I am a native of Osun state, Ilesa to be precised. I was born into the family of Deacon and Deaconess oluseye Awe. I am the second born and the only male child surrounded with wonderful sisters Olubusola and Aderonke. I Graduated from the Department of statistics, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta FUNAAB. I am a lover of music and I love music with passion.

AfrikalogyCan you tell us about your career as an Instrumentalist?
Kaysax: I started playing musical instruments at the age of 13. I started with the drum-set in my church. What actually made me love music  so much was my secondary school. I was privileged to attend a military secondary school, Command day secondary school, Adekunle Fajuyi Cantonment Ibadan where the school valedictory service is always worth waiting for, where different musical instruments will be brought into the school hall by military band members in other to grace the occasion of our seniors. I always love to listen to them play and I have always aspired to be like this military band people. When I got to SS3 I was appointed by the school commandant to be in charge of the school band, so I was able to train a lot of junior students who also played for me during my valedictory service...mehn, it was a great ceremony then because I felt so happy and fulfilled.


Afrikalogy: How many instruments can you play now?
Kaysax: Before now, I have targeted knowing to play at least 10 musical instruments. And to an extent I got the target just that I had to streamline my self so I can concentrate more on some particular instruments which are the basics, like drums, keyboard, though I later moved to saxophone, which is my major and core area now

Afrikalogy: When did you start playing saxophone?
Kaysax: I started playing saxophone in the year 2009 and I was able to develop myself by listening to songs that involve saxophone so often. That made me see great saxophonists like Pastor Kunle Ajayi (RCCG) and Segun Oluwayomi as  my mentors.

Afrikalogy: Kaysax, how were you able to combine your career with academics?
Kaysax: Well, it was not that easy because when I got admission into the university I was made the music coordinator, which means  I had a lot on my neck. I did a time table for my music and another for my books. Most times on Saturday morning, I would wake up very early and go to a nearby forest in my school beside my hostel for saxophone rehearsals and prayers. But I committed more time to my books because Statistics department was one of the toughest departments in my school. And I would not want to fail. So, I had to balance both sides with the help of God.

Afrikalogy: Are you in a relationship? Does your career affect your relationship in any way?
Kaysax: Yes I am. I got into a relationship after school. And thank God she is also a music person. So, my career affects my relationship in a positive manner.

Afrikalogy: Do you play for occasions?
Kaysax: Yes we do. To the Glory of God I was able to organise a group of psalmists (kaysax &His anointed ministry). So, we play for  honorary meetings, special Hymns presentations for church wedding ceremonies, last respect for Aged ones.

Afrikalogy: What are your challenges so far?
Kaysax: God has been faithful to me in all ways. Hmmm, though coordinating a group is not an easy task, but I thank God we are overcoming. To get finance could be challenging sometimes but God has always been our source. To God Be the Glory!

Afrikalogy: How will you encourage the upcoming instrumentalists?
Kaysax: My Words of encouragement to the upcoming instrumentalists, as my father in the Lord, Bishop Francis Wale Oke would say: "If you are messing up, someone is warming up". Whatever you find yourself doing to impact lives, please, do it well. Music is life, take it slow and enjoy it well why it last. I tell people the only the Department in Church that is eternal that even pastors, ushers, and everyone will come join when we get to heaven is the Music department where we will keep singing Hallelujah to the Most High God. Heaven is Real friend. We will both make it there In Jesus Name. Amen!.. Love you all.

For invitation or booking for your ceremonial events, you can call or send message to the following contacts:
Phone number: 08077163902
E-mail: olukayodeawe13@gmail.com
BB Pin: 28F5B7A5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Catholic Church now in Nigeria

WHAT HAPPENED IN IBADAN? A MUST READ STORY BY TOMILOLA